This year’s theme is ‘Kent Walk to Wellbeing’ which brings together many of the activities taking place across KCC and with partners, Explore Kent, Country Parks, One You Public Health and Public Rights of Way.
Activities and attractions at the stand include:
- An Explore Kent leaflet promoting cycling and walking
- Leaflets to promote our country parks
- Colouring sheets for children with a butterfly, dragon fly and bee which we hope will encourage them into the countryside to see them in real life
- Nine different town walking and cycling guides
- England Coastal Path leaflets
- Wildlife friendly garden pots to raise awareness of and inspire visitors to plant pollinator friendly plants
- The ever-popular water refill point to encourage the public to reuse their drinking bottles, give the dogs at the show a drink and get them to think about avoidable waste.
- The opportunity to win a pair of walking boots – visit the stand, scan the QR code, answer a question and you’re in the draw
Walking supports physical and mental health, it helps with keeping fit and with losing weight and a walk in the Kent countryside is a wonderful opportunity to explore, discover and learn from nature.