Kent County Council Trading Standards is asking residents to report sightings of rogue traders.
Help us and Kent Police catch the rogues before they cause misery, devastation and financial hardship to you and someone you know.
How can you help?
Has a doorstep trader offered or have you received a leaflet offering the following work?
• Garden clearance – including removing tree branches
• Roof repairs – including replacing loose tiles, repairing a leaking roof, chimney stack repairs
• Driveways – including laying tarmac, paving stones
• Removal of rubble or garden waste
If so, please tell us the following information:
• Descriptions of the doorstep callers
• Company details, name and address
• Descriptions of the vehicle including the registration number if you have it or part of it
• What type of work was offered
• Copy of the leaflet you received
Did you know that rogue traders often dump rubble and garden waste illegally across Kent which costs a lot of money to remove and is a blight on Kent’s countryside?
Rogue traders offer driveway and garden clearance work for a low price then dump the rubbish to avoid paying to dispose of it legally.
Not sure if they are a rogue trader?
Tell us anyway.
You can also report it to Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 040506.