An exciting new digital crowdfunding drive is being launched in Kent to enable community-led ideas to become more vibrant, resilient and connected post-COVID19.
Crowdfund Kent is a Kent County Council initiative, working in partnership with Spacehive, that will help community and voluntary organisations to raise money for projects that help their local area.
Kent County Council is injecting £500K into the programme, with up to a maximum of £20K available per project to boost fundraisers towards their funding target. The deadline to put forward your idea is 28th of April 2021.
Kent County Council and Spacehive will be holding a launch event on the 17th of March. Follow up workshops will be held in late March and early April to discuss potential project ideas. To register, visit: https://www.spacehive.com/movement/crowdfund-kent/news#
Leader of Kent County Council Roger Gough said: “We’re absolutely delighted to be launching Crowdfund Kent with Spacehive and greatly looking forward to seeing the range of ideas that our community groups and organisations put forward.
“We have seen an incredible response from communities across Kent throughout the last year and this project puts them and their ideas in the driving seat. We hope this funding will help us to meet the challenges ahead as we emerge from the pandemic and celebrate local innovation and the importance of our local communities.
“I know that many companies and organisations want to make a strong contribution to their local communities and this is an opportunity to do so. I hope that those able to, can join us in offering support to this programme, so that we can see the greatest success possible for locally led campaigns. That could be through funding, but there are lots of non-financial ways to support the programme, such as through promotion or potential volunteering opportunities.
“Now, more than ever, is a time for us to come together and the more people that get involved in Crowdfund Kent the more inspiring local projects we can create together.”
Misha Dhanak, CEO of Spacehive, said: “Hearing ideas directly from residents as they reimagine their local areas – with the backing of their community – is incredibly inspiring. Spacehive is proud to work in partnership with Kent County Council and we are ready to support the ambitious change people want to make happen in their local area.”
– ENDS –
For media enquiries contact:
Notes to editors:
- To find out more about Crowdfund Kent visit [https://bit.ly/2NfGeTR].
- High resolution images and the logo for Crowdfund Kent are attached and available for journalists to use.
- Spacehive is a funding platform for ideas that bring local civic and community spaces to life. Its vision is a world where anyone can shape their local area to create places that make people happy, proud and prosperous.
- The platform pools together funds between councils, businesses, foundations and the local community to pay for projects that improve local places, which typically results in projects securing three times more funding than if they were relying on council funds alone. Projects can range from building a new community centre or improving the local park to improving a playground or putting on a street festival.
- Crowdfund Kent fits into KCC’s Interim Strategic Plan and draft civil society strategy, consulted upon pre-COVID-19 and builds on the work KCC has done in this area.
- For more info visit, com.
- Companies, foundations and public bodies interested in supporting projects alongside Kent County Council should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.