It was a successful Kent County Show for KCC with hundreds visiting the council’s stand.
The theme this year was “Be an Apprentice – Made in Kent”.
The County Show took place at Detling Showground, Maidstone on July 7, 8 and 9.
Activities and attractions included:
• Highlighting the apprenticeship opportunities available for both young people and adults across a range of industries and sectors, and at different skills and qualification levels.
• The Health and Social Care Guild providing a range of interactive activities to engage people to consider health and social care related opportunities, particularly in the NHS.
• The Hospitality and Tourism Guild providing regular catering demonstrations and sharing other opportunities within the hospitality sector thanks to the Maidstone Hilton.
• The Construction and Built Environment Guild –Construction Industry Training Board showcasing different opportunities available by engaging with the public with interactive construction software and large construction games.
• Gillingham Football Club running regular activity sessions and sharing with visitors about its apprenticeship programme and the progression opportunities it provides.
• A jobs board promoting apprenticeship opportunities including those offered by other organisations exhibiting at the County Show.