All Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) are closed until further notice.
We appreciate this is frustrating for residents but is necessary following government advice on stopping the spread of coronavirus.
We understand the frustration some residents will have wanting to make use of the HWRC service, but until they reopen, we would urge them to keep hold of those items or make use of district/borough council bulky waste collections – check with your local district or borough council for updates to their service.
Kent County Council, together with the district and borough authorities, urges residents to protect themselves from illegal waste carriers who often target householders with cheap rates to take their rubbish away.
Bin collections for residual waste and recycling continue but check with your local district or borough council for updates to their service.
Staff normally employed to run the HWRCs have been transferred to duties elsewhere and if necessary will support collection authorities to maintain the kerbside collection services.
We appreciate many residents will have questions and we will try and answer as many of those as possible, please read our your questions answered page.
- Ashford: https://www.ashford.gov.uk/your-community/emergency-planning/health-and-pandemics/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Canterbury: https://www.canterbury.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Dartford: https://www.dartford.gov.uk/by-category/business2/dartford-borough-councils-response-to-covid-19
- Dover: https://www.dover.gov.uk/News/Coronavirus-Service-Status.aspx
- Gravesham: https://www.gravesham.gov.uk/home/environmental-health/coronavirus-guidance
- Maidstone: https://www.maidstone.gov.uk/home/other-services/covid-19
- Sevenoaks: https://www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/info/20069138/health/505/coronavirus_covid-19
- Folkestone: https://www.folkestone-hythe.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Swale: https://www.swale.gov.uk/coronavirus/
- Thanet: https://www.thanet.gov.uk/services/coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/
- Tonbridge and Malling: https://www.tmbc.gov.uk/services/health-and-social-care/health-and-medical-advice/coronavirus-covid-19
- Tunbridge Wells: http://www.tunbridgewells.gov.uk/find-and-contact-us/coronavirus
- Medway: https://www.medway.gov.uk/coronavirus
Full guidance on staying at home and away from others has been released by government.
You should only leave the house for one of four reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
- One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household.
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.