The entrance to the King George V playing field in Loose has once again returned to its majestic state, thanks to a £1,000 KCC grant from Eric Hotson.
The King George V Playing field was first established in 1925 by King George V.
To mark this royal connection the playing field entrance has two pillars marked with the royal crest and built from local ragstone.
Sadly one of them was badly damaged and needed to be rebuilt.
The grant from Cllr Hotson enabled the Parish Council to rebuild the pillar and install bollards around it to ensure it is protected for future generations.
New gates were also installed to ensure the field is secure out of hours, and the entrance is once again keeping with its royal connections.