The Leader of Kent County Council, Roger Gough, has announced the appointment of his new top team following the local elections on May 6.
The new cabinet members appointed today (Friday) are, in alphabetical order:
- Clair Bell – Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Public Health
- David Brazier – Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport
- Sue Chandler – Cabinet Member for Integrated Children’s Services
- Mike Hill – Cabinet Member for Community and Regulatory Services
- Tony Hills* – Cabinet Member for Environment
- Derek Murphy – Cabinet Member for Economic Development
- Peter Oakford – Deputy Leader, Cabinet Member for Finance, Corporate and Traded Services
- Shellina Prendergast – Cabinet Member for Education and Skills
- Bryan Sweetland – Cabinet Member for Communications, Engagement, People and Partnerships
Mr Gough said: “I’d like to thank people across Kent for putting their faith in us and returning us to lead Kent County Council for the next four years.
“I am confident that the cabinet I have appointed today has the right people, with the right expertise and experience, to ensure this administration can continue to move positively towards economic, environmental and social recovery across Kent.
“This is a huge task and I look forward to getting to work straight away with the new cabinet team to focus on supporting the needs of all communities and businesses in the county.
“I would like to say thank you for your trust, we look forward to the future and we won’t let you down.”
*in position until June 18.